What I Eat in a Day #2

January 16, 2017

Another what I eat in a day! So exciting.

I'm just now back at school, but I did take a lot of pictures for what I eat in a day posts so while I'm settling back in there may be quite a few of them...

Breakfast

Today I did my long run for the week so for breakfast I needed something to fuel my run, but that wouldn't make me feel heavy during it so it was an oatmeal day! I love making my superfood oatmeal and it happens to be a staple of mine at school as well. It's really satisfying and great energy for long steady state cardio, or really any day!

Lunch

Lunch today was my post-run meal so I went for an acai bowl. I love having these after a run because they taste so refreshing and I use a lot of banana so it makes the perfect post-workout meal for me!

Smoothie
a handful of baby spinach
a handful of baby kale
1 packet frozen acai
1 frozen banana
frozen mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
frozen strawberries
1/2 tbsp flax seed meal

Toppings
1/2 fresh banana
granola (I use Purely Elizabeth)
raw pumpkin seeds
chia seeds
raw hemp seeds
raw cacao nibs

Snack

I needed a bit of a pick-me-up so for a snack I had a cup of black coffee and a little slice of homemade chocolate chip banana bread. So delicious! Usually I will have some fruit for an afternoon snack, but today felt more like a warm slice of banana bread kind of day! What could be better than that with a cup of Caribou coffee on a cold winter afternoon?

Dinner

I was starving by dinnertime! Anytime I do a long run by the time I manage to get myself to make dinner I am always starving! Today I kept it pretty simple and had a mountain of baked sweet potato wedges (they're my favorite) with 2 slices of toasted ezekiel bread topped with roasted garlic hummus, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, and avocado. Super simple and super satisfying!

Late Night Snack

Peanut butter creme filled cookie sandwich--and it's vegan. Need I say more?

Maybe I'll say where its from...Whole Food's bakery section! My mission is to try pretty much every vegan baked good they have and to be honest I don't know what could beat these peanut butter cookies!

Claire
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Flickr Images