Superfood Oatmeal

February 20, 2017

For the longest time I thought I HATED oatmeal. I didn't like the texture, I found it boring, and just honestly just completely avoided it. BUT, a few months ago I decided I would just give it a try. I mean why not? I needed something super filling to get me through 3 hour studios and oatmeal seemed like the perfect thing to make!

In order to enjoy eating oatmeal, I tried so many pre-pagaged ones--I know not the best--and even tried different types of oats and some recipes, but nothing gave me the texture I was looking for. I ended up chucking pretty much every superfood, nut and seed, spice, and type of oats that I had into a mug, poured some almond milk and water on it, microwaved it, and the result was complete PERFECTION--well almost. It took a bit of tweaking, but eventually I created my full-proof oatmeal full of healthy fats and protein!

I usually just eyeball what I put in, but I tried my best to get measurements that were close to how much of everything ends up going in!

Ingredients
1/2 cup instant rolled oats
1 tbsp instant steel cut oats
1 tbsp mixed nuts, crushed
1 tbsp walnuts, crushed
1 tsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp raw hemp seeds
1/2 tsp raw cacao nibs
1/2 tsp raw sunflower seeds
1 tsp raw pumpkin seeds
1 tsp raw cacao powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup water

*Sometimes I add more water after cooking to get it to the consistency I like!

Instructions
1. Add all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix to coat everything in the cacao powder and cinnamon
2. Add in the almond milk and water
3. Let sit for 10-20 minutes, sometimes I'll even leave it for an hour while I have my coffee or even overnight, to soak
4. Add more water if needed and microwave on high for 3-3 1/2 minutes, stopping and stirring to make sure it doesn't overflow

I end up making this recipe probably most days of the week since it keeps me satisfied enough to get through all my classes and it's amazing to have as a pre- or post-workout meal!

Claire
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Flickr Images