Get Baked With Me: Blondies

February 01, 2017

Rarely do I ever come across a healthier blondies recipe, so when I stumbled upon Madeleine Shaw's recipe while scrolling through her blog, I had to give it a try--vegan style!

I made a few adjustments to the recipe to make it vegan, sugar-free and use ingredients I already had on hand!

Ingredients
2 flax eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
175g almond butter
100g maple syrup
100g chocolate chips

Instructions
Preheat oven to 320F and line a baking dish
In a mixing bowl, combine the flax eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, maple syrup, and almond butter
Once a smooth, thick batter has formed, fold in the chocolate chips
Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean (I used a rather deep dish so mine took closer to 35 minutes)
Let cool and enjoy on its own--or with ice cream!

To be honest, I have no idea how her recipe is supposed to serve 16...I may or may not have eaten like a 1/4 of it...definitely going to be needing to bake these again soon! I paired mine with some vanilla Nada Moo ice cream and I don't think a better food combination is even possible! So delicious!

Claire
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Flickr Images