Get Baked With Me: Raw Chocolate Fudge

February 12, 2017

Okay, so technically there is no baking involved....but let's get baked anyway!

I have always been a fudge fanatic! Growing up I went to Michigan every summer to my grandparents' lake house, and I still do, and while I was there I would always get a piece of Murdick's Fudge to take home. It was always the highlight of my summer--so delicious! Even though I now consume a primarily whole foods plant-based diet, it doesn't mean I have to give up my love for fudge!

The recipe I decided to give a go was from Tess Begg's ebook, Vegan Made Simple. It is super easy and tastes amazing! AND it's full healthy raw ingredients! What could be better?

Fudge Ingredients
5 pitted medjool dates
1 cup almond flour
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp cacao powder

Chocolate Topping Ingredients
4 pitted medjool dates
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp cacao powder

Instructions
Blend all of the fudge ingredients in a blender or food processor (I used my Nutribullet)
Press into an even layer in a tin lined in plastic wrap
Melt the coconut oil and blend all of the chocolate topping ingredients together
Evenly spread the chocolate topping on the fudge
Freeze for about an hour or until firm
Cut into pieces and Enjoy!

*Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container on wax paper

With Valentine's Day coming up these will make the perfect healthier chocolatey treat! Give them to a special someone or a friend--OR, if you're anything like me, eat them all yourself! They are just too delicious to not to keep for myself!

Claire
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Flickr Images