Get Baked With Me: Superfood Energy Bites

April 02, 2017

I am a HUGE fan of energy bites! I mean, dates are AMAZING--who could not be?

Anytime I have medjool dates on hand I love to make energy bites, but this time I decided to make them my own way--based off of what I tend to prefer in them. They are super simple and quick to make!

Ingredients
1 cup medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup raw cashews, unsalted
2 tbsp raw pecans, unsalted
2 tbsp raw almond, unsalted
1 tbsp raw almond butter
1 1/4 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp hemp seeds
a pinch of himalayan pink salt

Instructions
In a food processor, blend the nuts until finely chopped
Add in the dates, almond butter, cacao powder, chia seeds, and hemp seeds and process until well combined
Roll the mixture into little bite-sized balls (I made 13)
Optional: roll balls in cacao nibs and/or cacao powder, or any other toppings you'd like!
Store in the fridge

Lately these 'get baked with me' posts have not involved any actual baking--get raw with me? I have been really enjoying experimenting with raw treats as the weather has gotten nicer, well that, and I'm a TERRIBLE baker! Raw treats just tend to turn out better for me!

Claire
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Flickr Images