What I Eat in a Day #4

March 05, 2017

Today's 'what I eat in a day' is full of easy recipes I make in my dorm with just a microwave!

Breakfast
For breakfast during the week I almost always have oatmeal. It's so easy and super filling so it gets me through my long studio classes! I pretty much always make my superfood oatmeal because it is so tasty and it is a good way to get in a lot of good nutrients first thing in the morning!


Lunch
I eat a pretty late breakfast while I'm at school because I always try to schedule my classes for the early afternoon so that I have mornings to workout, do some yoga, or just get myself organized for the day because there is no way that is happening after class...

I tend to not have the largest lunch so today I made a green smoothie bowl. I recently brought my blender to school with me and ever since then life has been amazing! Until I brought it with me I would have a huge fruit bowl everyday--but to be honest that gets old real fast because of the limited fruit selection at the market.

Ingredients
2 large handfuls of spinach
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries)
1 tsp acai powder
1 tsp matcha powder

Toppings
1/2 fresh ripe banana
2 tbsp granola
1 1/2 tsp hemp seeds
1 1/2 tsp chia seeds
1 1/2 tsp raw cacao nibs
a sprinkle of raw pumpkin seeds


Dinner
Unless I actually eat in a dining hall, which is rare because majority of the time the only whole food plant-based foods available are just the ones out at the salad bar which never change...EVER, I eat a pretty late dinner. Tonight I didn't end up eating until around 8:30--making an entire meal with just a microwave is pretty time consuming--and I made one of my go-to, one bowl meals of sweet potato, brown rice, black beans, and veggies that I got from the salad bar!

Ingredients
1 large sweet potato
1/4 cup cooked brown rice
a few handfuls of spinach
2 cups raw broccoli
red onion
bell peppers--red, yellow, and green
1/4 cup black beans
paprika
cayenne
turmeric
Trader Joe's everyday seasoning
1/2 avocado

Instructions
Peel and cut the sweet potato. Season with paprika, cayenne, turmeric, and everyday seasoning and microwave for 10-12 minutes, stirring around every few minutes to make sure it cooks evenly
While the potatoes cook, chop up the veggies
Remove the potatoes and stir in all of the veggies--minus the spinach--the black beans, and brown rice and microwave for about 2-3 minutes, or until the broccoli looks cooked
Stir in the raw spinach and top with sliced avocado and even a little more seasoning!

*I get already cooked brown rice from the dining hall


Late Night Snack

Since I had a super later dinner I just went for a little treat--some raw vegan chocolates from Rooted Juicery & Kitchen! My mother was kind enough to send me some of their chocolatey goodies for a late Valentine's--so yummy! They got a little messy in the mail, but they are to die for!

Claire
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Flickr Images