What I Eat in a Day #5--Birthday Edition!

March 13, 2017

Breakfast

What better way to start off my special day than with a stack of chocolate chip buckwheat pancakes--YUM! These are my absolute favorite to make on special occasions (mainly because I'm too lazy too) and before long runs. They are super filling, give me plenty of energy and taste INCREDIBLE!

Ingredients
1/2 cup buckwheat pancake mix
1/2 cup unsweetened original almond milk
1/2 ripe banana
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
dark chocolate chips

Instructions
On a low heat, heat a frying pan and grease with coconut oil
In a blender, blend the pancake mix, almond milk, banana, baking powder, and vanilla until smooth
Pour desired amount of batter onto the pan and add a few chocolate chips, using a fork to cover with the batter
Cook for about 1-2 minutes, or until bubbles form around the edges, and flip, cooking for another 1-2 minutes
Repeat until all pancakes are cooked--I made 4 small pancakes
Drizzle with maple syrup, or any other toppings!


Lunch

Since it was my birthday, I decided why not go out to lunch? I hardly ever eat lunch out, but today was my birthday and I managed to squeeze in a 10 mile run, so a meal I didn't have to take time to make sounded perfect!

I ended up going to a new place where I live, Crazy Bowls & Wraps, with my mother and it was delicious! There were plenty of plant-based options, it was super filling, and the food came pretty fast--basically everything I could want from a quick lunch spot. I went for a teriyaki bowl with mixed veggies, organic quinoa, spicy teriyaki on the side, and, instead of a protein, avocado. 


Snack

Around 4pm I got a bit peckish, but didn't want to spoil dinner, so I chopped up a large honey crisp apple and had a cheeky little peppermint patty from Rooted Juicery!


Dinner

Tonight I went to Bones' Burgers for a vegan burger with sweet potato fries! They have some of the BEST sweet potato fries, with a little bit of a kick! I LOVE spicy sweet potato fries--the sweet and spicy complement each other so well and they just taste like heaven! Bones' does a homemade ketchup that has a bit of a smoky flavor, which goes amazing with the burger, and I always ask for regular ketchup as well for the fries--SO GOOD. The vegan burger itself is AMAZING. It is made with all locally sourced ingredients that are in season at the moment, giving it a unique flavor every time!


Late Night Snack

I was pretty full from my dinner, but it was my birthday so I went for a sweet treat anyway! Last week I made blondie brownies, so I heated up one of those, scooped a bit of vanilla on the side, and drizzled it with chocolate fondue! Let's just say I went into a massive food coma, but it was well worth it!

Claire
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Flickr Images