What I Eat In a Day #6--Car Journey Edition!

May 04, 2017

Lately I have been traveling back and forth a lot from university to visit my family back home, so I thought I would share what I ate today on my drive back to school.

Breakfast

Since I don't have a kitchen at school, I took FULL advantage and made chocolate chip banana oat pancakes--so YUMMY. I always miss making pancakes when I'm away, so pretty much this entire weekend I ate these for breakfast, but I'm not complaining!

Ingredients
1 cup oats
1 cup almond milk
1/2 ripe banana
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp coconut oil
a few dark chocolate chips

Instructions
In a blender, blend the oats, almond milk, banana, baking powder, and vanilla until it becomes a smooth batter
Let sit for 3-5 minutes to thicken up a bit
Heat a frying pan on a low heat and grease with a bit of coconut oil
Once the batter has thickened up, pour batter and sprinkle on a few chocolate chips
Let cook until bubbles form around the edges and flip to cook the other side
Serve with maple syrup or any other toppings you like!

*tip: to avoid burning the chocolate chips, using a fork, gently cover with batter

Lunch

I find pancakes pretty filling so I did not end up eating lunch until probably around 3:00pm. On my way out of town I stopped by Rooted Juicery & Kitchen and picked up a superfood smoothie and my all time favorite snack to get there--banana power bites!

Dinner

Before I left to drive back to school this morning I prepped the 'cheese' sauce from Niomi Smart's Macaroni 'Cheese' recipe in her cookbook, 'Eat Smart'. So DELICIOUS! I could honestly eat this everyday. All of the ingredients are super great and I like prepping a big batch of it to keep in the fridge for a bit to have with pasta and broccoli when I need a break from the everyday dining hall and school market options. 

Late Night Snack

I ended up feeling pretty peckish later in the evening, so I had half of a brownie bar that I picked up earlier from Rooted Juicery and some vanilla nice cream I had in my freezer. I topped it all off with a little bit (okay, maybe more like a lot--I just couldn't help myself!) of chocolate sauce!

Claire
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Flickr Images